Chattahoochee Outpost is our main tubing location and where all Cool River tubers get out of the river. It is located just off of mainstreet at 590 Edelweiss Strasse Helen, GA 30545. You can purchase tubing tickets, push sticks, lockers, pictures, and we have a gift shop inside. We have restrooms available for customers and concessions are located downstairs! When arriving at this location you will park, purchase tickets inside, then go to the tube room where you will receive your tube, connectors, and life-jacket. You will then hop on a bus to get shuttled up the river to the short ride or long ride put-in point. After you get on the river you will float back down to this location.
We have a gift shop with river gear, swimwear, clothing, and picnic supplies, as well as an ice cream shop downstairs.
What's at Chattahoochee Outpost?
- Dressing rooms
- Accessible restrooms and showers
- Gift shop - for all your river day needs!
- Ice cream shop
Picnic Areas and Pavilions
Our picnic areas and pavilions provide a beautiful area for guests to enjoy the river. They also should be respected.
- No open fires
- No grilling under the pavilions or trees only in open areas
- Any picnic tables and benches that are moved should be put back
- Pets must be on a leash
- Sanitation: Pack out your trash. We have cans to reduce littering, but if you are picnicking and filling bags, please haul your trash.
- On Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays between Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend, there is a $20 picnicking day fee per party (up to 5 people), considering amenities and upkeep.
- Grill Fee: if you bring your own grill, there is an additional $10 charge.
- On Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays between the first weekend of May and Labor Day Weekend, our large covered pavilion is available by reservation request only. We can often save it for parties who reserve in advance.
- Please fill out this form to request a reservation of the large pavilion. We will write back before your reservation is confirmed. The rate is $200 per day. The pavilion fee does not include any parking fees redeemable for tubing, and if your party exceeds 30 people, there is an additional $20 per party of 5 to cover the usual picnicking fee.
- At other times of the year, we do not take reservations for the pavilion.
We've been on the backstreet for 30 years. We're proud that, over time, this street has become more and more part of downtown. From Chattahoochee Outpost, you can access many downtown restaurants and shops. We are a few minutes by car and a short, 10 to 12 minute walk to the main strip downtown.